“You, in a sense, "become" the drone with pitch, tilt, and pan functions all controlled by moving your head around. That's nuts.”
“The big deal is video—the Bebop has a new full-HD camera that can shoot impressively detailed video, and when combined with the optional Skycontroller, the footage being shot can be viewed in real time on a phone, tablet, HDTV or virtual reality headset for a drone’s eye view.”
1. Built-in GPS
2. Mouse (FPV navigation)
3. High precision joystick left
4. Back (FPV navigation)
5. Home (FPV navigation)
6. Record Full HD video
7. Record & Wi-Fi® signal
8. HP audio
9. Batteries levels (Bebop Drone & Skycontroller)
10. Emergency button
11. Take off / Landing
12. GPS auto return home
13. High precision joystick right
14. Take a picture (push) & Digital tilt control of the camera
15. Steerable, high power, dual band 2.4 & 5GHz Wi-Fi® MIMO antenna, max range: 2km
16. Adjustable dock for smartphones and tablets up to 10.6” (not included)
Dock and connect your smartphone or tablet, and sync with your Bebop Drone over Wi-Fi on FreeFlight 3 app. Or use Skycontroller as a standalone remote control.
Take control of the drone via two ultra-precise joysticks
Top right stick lets you control the angle the camera in a 180° field
Top left stick enables you to navigate the app in FPV mode
Skycontroller benefits from a doubled WiFi connection. Optimized for a perfect connection and latency reduction, Skycontroller is safer and adapted for long distance flights.
You enjoy a robust Wi-Fi link specially designed for Bebop, hence long distance as well as a short distance Wi-Fi connection that maximizes interoperability with tablet or smartphone.
Bebop Drone's range is extended to 2 km* as a result!
1.Pilot Bebop Drone with Skycontroller only and benefit from long range Wi-Fi
2.Pilot Bebop Drone with Skycontroller and a smartphone or tablet (not included) and enjoy more controls over short range dedicated Wi-Fi
3. Pilot Bebop Drone with Skycontroller and FPV glasses (not included) and benefit from FPV on your glasses via HDMI port for Bebop Drone camera video streaming with telemetry (distance, altitude, cape, horizon management, battery level and more)
4. Pilot Bebop Drone with Skycontroller, FPV glasses (not included) and a smartphone or tablet (not included) and enjoy even more immersive FPV flights. Add more fun by live sharing drone's view video stream with your friends through the smartphone or tablet!
Our goal is to provide pilots with a comprehensive FPV experience. For now FreeFlight 3 App and Skycontroller is compatible with FPV glasses fitted with HDMI input, for instance Zeiss Cinemizer and Sony Personal Viewer.
And many more soon!
With Skycontroller, pilot Bebop Drone with 2 ultra-precise joysticks and control the orientation of the fisheye (180°) camera with one dedicated pad to change the viewing angle.
The included foldable sunshade cover:
- Embodies a first step into immersive piloting
- Eliminates the sun reflections on your piloting device
- Enables you to access your tablet easily without dismantling the cover
- Is portable, you can take it with you for all your sessions
- Is foldable, you carry your tablet inside if you decide to move fast to another spot
- Fits with all tablet sizes (phablet adapter included) and can be used without Skycontroller
The packaging includes a high quality neck strap, that insures a good balance of the Skycontroller over your shoulders, resulting in fewer efforts to concentrate even more on piloting.
To extend the experience, 3 batteries and 1 dedicated charger are also part of the packaging as well as a plastic adapter to fit more tablets.
During flight, user gets real time data, a great help for a more accurate piloting. These never seen before flight data are crucial to make most of the quality of the image of Bebop Drone, thanks to its 3-axes unique stabilization.
User not only gets sound alerts, the piloting HUD that also displays all relevant information makes it easier to pilot Bebop Drone. They include: Where is my Bebop Drone, at which distance it is located and at which altitude it is flying, horizon management.
Thanks to its embedded GPS, Bebop Drone comes back to the pilot automatically or upon push on a dedicated and easily accessible button. GPS enables to locate your Bebop Drone even more precisely. You can focus on flying.
Skycontroller is an Android-powered device and FreeFlight 3 app is installed by default.
Parrot software will be open-source enabling developers to extend functionalities of the Skycontroller. Plug any USB device to enhance piloting possibilities. You can plug different kind of Wi-Fi antennas for instance and personalize your flying experience!
All smartphones and tablets running FreeFlight 3 app are compatible with Skycontroller. 4:3 Tablets up to 10.6 inches and up to 20 cm height for 16:9 ones can be plugged thanks to the adjustable dock
FPV glasses using HDMI interface are compatible, such as:
- Sony FPV
- Zeiss Cinemizer
And more to come!
Skycontroller can recharge your FPV glasses batteries over USB.
Parrot Bebop Drone Skycontroller includes additional batteries. Parrot Skycontroller brings a hobby-grade remote with a powerful Wi-Fi range extender, a Smartphone or tablet dock and HDMI video output for easy FPV glass pairing!
Parrot is offering Parrot Bebop Drone fans and the pilots coming from the RC world the opportunity to purchase the Parrot Skycontroller, a RC-like remote control equipped with a Wi-Fi amplifier for extended flight range, as a standalone product.